Candle Care & Safety
All candles requires caution and awareness of the associated risks, so please ensure you always follow these safety precautions.
- Burn within sight.
- Keep away from things that catch fire.
- Keep away from children.
Candle Safety Instructions
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Never use water to extinguish a candle.
- Ensure wicks are upright and trimmed to approx. 6mm before each time candle is relit.
- Do not burn EO Supply Co. candles for less than 1 hour or more than 3 hours at a time.
- Discontinue burning the candle when there is 5mm of wax at the bottom of the jar
- Never move a burning candle. Ensure candle is extinguished, wax is solid and jar is cold before handling.
- Glass may become hot. Burn candle on an appropriate flat heat-resistant surface.
- Avoid using in drafty areas, near an open window, air duct or fan.
- Keep away from children, pets and flammable materials.
- Do not use lid to extinguish candle.
- Prevent soot from forming on the glass by keeping wicks trimmed.
- Never allow the candle flame to come in contact with the side of the glass.
- Do not use if glass is cracked, chipped or broken.
- If candle has multiple wicks, they must all be lit every time the candle is used.
- Never introduce liquids or foreign objects into candle and keep it free of wick trimmings, matches and any flammable materials.
- If the glass becomes blackened while burning, extinguish candle, allow to cool and clean with a dry paper towel.
- When not in use, keep candle covered to avoid dust build-up.
- Use a candle snuffer to properly extinguish a candle flame. If not available, blow gently and steadily on the flame until it is extinguished.
Each of our candles are hand poured and not mass produced, although all effort is made to ensure consistency, every candle will be different and unique.